Wednesday, October 15, 2008

What? Western food again?

Yesterday, I went to Paramount Hotel to learn about social and dining etiquette. We were first given a talk about social etiquette then dining etiquette. After all that, we were given our food to practise on our dining etiquette.

First came the bread with some unsalted butter, we learnt that we should pluck some bite-sized bits of the bread and put it with butter.

Then came the soup. We learnt that the spoon should sink in like a dolphin diving in water (withOUT the splash!). After waiting for a while, the main course came.

It was chicken breast with mushroom sauce, broccoli, cauliflower and raw carrots. Then came dessert. It was "chocolate cake", but there were bits of plums inside so I preffered to call it a better "blackforest cake".

Then came orange juice. By then I was so full that I could hardly drink it! I learnt a lot about eating at formal places. The money for this workshop was indeed well-spent.

No comments: