Sunday, November 23, 2008

PSLE Marks

My heart was racing as I queued up to get my results slip from my form teacher. Numerous parents were standing outside, craning

Normally, I would get only 232++ in school for the aggregate score, but I was amazed when I got an aggregate of 248 for PSLE(Primary School Leaving Examination) !

I did very badly for my PSLE. My 2 compositions were in a mess. I thought I could only get at most 235, but I saw that my result slip shows 248! Why?

Some students in my school have higher marks than other schools, above average. That is why I could get so high. You see, if you are above average, your score will shoot up. If you are below average, your score will shoot down. If you are average, nothing happens to your score. It's like a "transfer" from below average to those above average.

A little bit like the reverse of "Robin Hood".

No comments: